Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lemon Cake

I'm glad I have a day off for 2 days in row , which mean I can do some chores around home like baking , oh how I miss my baking activity this day.  Well, I still do baking but pretty much simple like this recipe below, I found this recipe when I do blog walking .  Don't ask me if I have left over cake on the next day .. no way, my hubby love it so much...  he said.. "this is the kind of cake I like" ooh, really ? how come he said that every time I bake a new cake ?? LOL - ooh , man ..  either he does really love the cake or he actually cake eater ? :)))
 
I do love the texture of the cake, at the end of the day I make note to my self, I need add more lemon juice into the batter .. it will be perfect !!



Lemon cake with Greek  Honey glaze and pistachios
slightly adapted from : mylittleexpatkitchen.blogspot.com

Ingredients
for the cake
115 g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing the pan
250 g caster sugar
Zest of 2 lemons, grated
1 tsp lemon extract
4 large eggs
220 g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
125 g sour cream (or full-fat Greek yoghurt)

for the glaze
160 g icing sugar
75 ml heavy cream
1 Tbsp Greek honey
Pinch of salt

A handful of shelled, unsalted pistachios, chopped


Preparation

for the cake
Butter the bottom and sides of your loaf pan with butter and line it with baking paper.
Preheat your oven to 180°C.

In the bowl of your stand mixer (or in a large bowl), add the softened butter, the sugar, the lemon zest and lemon extract, and using the paddle attachment (or your hand-held mixer), beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, for about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs into a jug and beat them lightly with a fork. Add the beaten eggs to the bowl in four additions, beating well after each addition to fully combine them.

Take the cooled cake, remove the baking paper from the bottom and place it on the wire rack. Using a spoon or a spatula, glaze the cake and top with the chopped pistachios.

You can keep it at room temperature, covered, for 4-5 days.









 


No comments: