Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chocolate Snickerdoodles

When we (me and my daughter) go to Grocery Store near by our house, she always get 1 free cookies, - isn't nice ? she always pick a snickerdoodles cookies . She loves that cookies so much.  I looking for recipe, and found one - called "chocolate snickerdoodles" .  Without hesitation, I follow that recipe, no skip anything ..follow the directions. I was so upset with the result, the cookie is so HARD ..!! like rock , I need to throw all of them to the garbage bin, well , I just don't want my kid eat and broke her tooth .. 
 
The next day, I try do it again with so much adjustment from me , and just follow my guts .. and I just love the texture . 3 days in row bake this cookies, I share the cookies with teachers, friends, co-worker , they absolutely love it ... don't ask about my daughter and hubby , :)) you know the answer.
 
 
 
Chocolate Snickerdoodles
Ingredients :
2 cups of All Purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 stick of unsalted butter 
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
 
Cinnamon Sugar for rolling , (see below how to make cinnamon sugar)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
 
Directions :
Pre-heat the oven 350 F.  Line 2 baking sheet with parchment
 
Whisk together the flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, baking powder
 
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium high for about 1 minute, until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time. Beating well, stir in the vanilla, scrape the bottom of the bowl.
 
On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients, continue mixing only until the flour disappear.
Divide the dough into ball, roll the dough ball in the cinnamon sugar and place them on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. With damp finger flatten the dough ball slightly until the are 1 inch thick.
 
Bake the cookies for 12 minute, until golden brown at the edges and set in the middle. Cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to racks to cool completely.
 
Yield : 24 small cookies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be making these! Thank you for fixing the recipe!

Hesti HH. said...

Aiiiiiiih kalo dah 3 kali bikin alamat rasanya maknyus ini mba. Aku juga mau bikiiinnn...save dulu resepnya ^^