Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Banana Muffin with Cinnamon Sugar Crumbs

When I have a day off, I always dedicate my self to ... mixer !! aack, this is so wrong since I have a secret sewing due in 2 days !!  Alright I am getting nervous now, but the 2 cake eater will have a happy tummy this afternoon.

Banana Muffin with cinnamon sugar crumbs is a second baking for today, the first one is marble chiffon cake (again) LOL - I know.. I know... but my weekend will be busy, so I think baking 2 goodies will be a good idea , any one call me 'sugar rush lady' ?   hahaha..



Banana Muffin with Cinnamon Sugar Crumbs
Ingredients :
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
4 over ripe bananas
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted, cooled
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecan or chocolate chips , your choice
 
Cinnamon Crumbs :
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp. butter melted
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon

Directions :

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly butter muffin tins (mine : 12 muffin)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining bananas and sugar together like you mean it, for a good 3 minutes. Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway. Give them a rap on the counter to get any air bubbles out. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of batter
Bake until a toothpick stuck in the muffins comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before turning the muffins out. Serve warm or at room temperature

2 comments:

Hesti HH. said...

Kan penambah semangat ini mba sebelum lanjut jahit lagi hihihi, aaaaaakkk udah kebayang bayang aroma cinnamonnya mba...

Anonymous said...

I have some banana's ready to use so I'll give this one a try! Looks so good!